How to Write a Press
Simple Press Release Rules:
1. Pick 1 keyword of your top keyword phrases to optimize for in the press release.
2. Make that keyword phrase part of your Title. Title not to exceed 80
characters. Use no special characters or links in title. Title must NOT contain
3. Insert a two line summary between title and main message body.
4. Message body must have at least three to four short paragraphs. No spammy
5. Starting paragraph must begin with city, state, and date. Example: Los
Angeles, CA, Dec. 2010
6. Work that same keyword phrase 3 times into your body text. Ideal size is
7. Include your web address twice, using full http address:
8. No boxes, borders, images, logos or bullets.
9. Must have FULL CONTACT DATA, with name, address, email, phone, at the
10. Your press release must be written like a news story. It must be written
in third person.
Do not include "advertising" or "hard sell" language.
11. Create 2 anchor text links on the keyword phrases. See examples in links
12. Please do not use special fonts. Arial 10 point is best.
Select a Topic:
Starting a New Business
Introducing a New Product
Celebrating an Anniversary
Receiving an Award
Opening a New Branch or Office
Announcing a Milestone
Participating in an Event
Introducing a New Strategy or Approach
Announcing a Partnership
Issuing a Position or Statement
Launching a Website
Obtaining a New Customer
Write a paragraph
about that newsworthy topic above.
Here is a near "perfect example" of a
press release for the web:
The Home Builder
Garden Oaks Residents Can Trust
Whitestone Builders leads the market in luxury homes with their
detailed antique architecture and designs specific to client
Houston, TX. May, 2011. There are not many builders in the
current market with a true commitment to vision. The current
economy is tough and as demand goes down, unfortunately, so does the
quality of the supply. Fortunately, there is a company that has
remained loyal to standards of quality craftsmanship, customer
service, and strong foundational support. Whitestone Builders is a
home builder Garden Oaks
can be proud of by producing exterior and interior designs that
create the perfect dream house.
Whitestone Builders is owned by people with years of experience in
the business of construction, accounting, and finance, and who only
staff those workers that can meet their standards of service. They
take pride in their dedication to the desires of the client by
insisting that their designs are driven by the individuality of the
customer. The goal is to have the unique and special attributes of
the tenants represented by features of the home, therefore
personally connecting the home to the homeowner. To see the outcome
of past building and design projects, or to learn more information
about the company's history and processes, interested parties are
encouraged to visit
The time and effort that is put into these houses has not been
ignored. Whitestone Builders has been awarded with many titles,
including that of Best in Show, Best Overall, Best Master Suite and
Bath, Best Kitchen, Best Design, Best Curb Appeal and the People's
Choice award. They also include amazing designs of stairways,
kitchens, porches, and shutters. In addition to all the care that
goes into the exterior design, interior design is given great
importance at Whitestone Builders.
Whitestone Builders is a
home builder Garden Oaks
can trust to work with quality materials, skilled craftsmen, and
dedication to vision.
9801 Westheimer Blvd., #302
Houston, TX 77402